Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nightmare!

I had a nightmare last night! Well actually it was this morning right before i woke up which actually made it more terrifying! In my dream I woke up and went to the bathroom just like i do every morning, but in my dream when i looked out the window there was SNOW on the ground....about 2-3 inches, but it was still snowing! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

I have never really been afraid to drive in the snow/ice until 2 years ago when i hit a patch of black ice and everything i tried doing to stop or move out of the way of oncoming traffic didn't work! It was such a horrible feeling....being completely helpless....the car had a mind of it's own! I was extremely lucky because as my car was heading straight toward a big SUV i started to panic and when i was nose to nose with the SUV i closed my eyes and braced myself for a crash.

I could feel my car spinning and when i opened my eyes i was stopped in the middle of the road sitting in the opposite direction. Somehow that big white SUV had missed me. Unfortunately I still had what normally would take me an hour to drive home to get home to my boys. I had to drive in the ice storm at around 30 mph for the next almost 3 hours! Ever since then i've tried to avoid driving in nasty weather, but now i have to suck it up since i have a job that is 30 miles away from home! So now you can understand why this was such a nightmare for me! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment